WoWGuild allows hosting of World of Warcraft (WoW) guild websites. Leveraging data from the Blizzard armory website, much of the data is automatically imported. You and your users specify your characters and realm, and the module will automatically grab your character's information and allow you to 'claim' it.
Once you own a character, your avatar becomes your user picture and posts made by you will appear to be posted by your character! In short, you are your character!
Warlords of Draenor Update!
I've updated the raid bosses for WoD. The WoW Armory is no longer reporting Guild Progression, so I suggest using the Manual Guild Progression Block.
- Find a bug? Let me know in the issue queue.
- Own multiple characters and easily swap between them.
- Automatically update characters via cron.
- Views integration: Many of the screens are views, so they can be customized.
- Provides blocks for recent items, recent achievements and progression for characters and guild.
- Provides a recruitment block.
- Non guilded members can create guild_application node types that only guild administrators can see and review.
The easiest way to create a Drupal guild website is to use the World of Warcraft Guild Install Profile. Otherwise, install the dependencies listed below and enable WoW Guild.
The 7.x-2.x and 7.x-3.x branches are obsolete. The newer 7.x-4.x branch uses the new Battle.Net API required for armory access. The new bhanch now leverages the alter_ego and is a new requirement.
Upgrading from 7.x-2.x to 7.x-4.x
- Backup your database! Drupal has many issues with dependancies being enforced on updates and may give you the White Screen of Death.
- Before Downloading WoWGuild 7.x-4.x!: Disable WoW Guild, WoW Toon and WoWToon Account. (or you get errors when updating)
- Download and enable Entity and Alter Ego.
- Delete the old wowguild directory and replace the contents with the newest 7.x-4.x branch.
- You may get errors or White Screen of Death. Run update.php and try again.
- You may have to re-enable wowguild.
Upgrading from 7.x-2.x to 7.x-4.x Using Drush
drush dis wowguild wowtoon wowtoon_account
drush dl entity alter_ego
drush en entity alter_ego
drush dl wowguild-7.x-4.x
drush en wowguild
mmo_friends: Allows users to add other characters (they do not own) to a friends list for quick reference. mmo_feed: [Replaces Guild Achievements] Aggregates your characters activity feeds into a single list. Also shows friends activity if module is enabled.
- Not yet re-implemented in 7.x-4.x branch
- Alter Ego
- views.module - Many of the displays leverage views (which allows the administrator to customize views).
- querypath.module - Required to parse data from World of Warcraft armory. Character feeds are not provided by the new JSON API, so querypath is still required for the 7.x-4.x branch.
- Guild Calendar
- Character photo galleries
- Filter Activity Feeds
- wowtoon_account.module: Alter the user.module view code to override USER:PICTURE with the user's default toon avatar.
See included README.txt for more details and installation instructions.