The Drupal WxT distribution is a web content management system which assists in building and maintaining innovative Web sites that are accessible, usable, and interoperable. This distribution is open source software led by the Government of Canada and free for use by departments and external Web communities.
Fundamentally this distribution relies and integrates extensively with the WET-BOEW jQuery Framework to leverage much of the accessibility support and extensively tested markup. Bootstrap (4.x) and Omega (1.x) are used as the base theme for our two main development branches and correspond to the (4.x) and (3.x) branches from within the WET-BOEW jQuery Framework. These themes were chosen for their extensive HTML5 support and SASS / SMACSS based architecture.
Development has been tailored for organizations that need to comply with standards for accessibility and bilingualism or that simply need a deployment based distribution that allows them to get up and running quickly using a carefully curated selection of modules that can support common enterprise business requirements. Specific information about how to work with this distribution can be found here: Wiki Documentation
- GitHub repo is on: https://github.com/wet-boew/wet-boew-drupal
- Demo of mobile responsiveness: http://www.responsinator.com/?url=demo.drupalwxt.org
- Try it for yourself at: http://simplytest.me/project/wetkit
- Documentation at: http://drupalwxt.github.io
- Continuous Integration at: https://travis-ci.org/wet-boew/wet-boew-drupal/builds
- CHANGELOG (1.x) at: https://github.com/wet-boew/wet-boew-drupal/blob/7.x-1.x/CHANGELOG.md
- CHANGELOG (4.x) at: https://github.com/wet-boew/wet-boew-drupal/blob/7.x-4.x/CHANGELOG.md
- Release Cycle / Update Process at: http://drupalwxt.github.io/architecture/release-cycle
- Provides reusable components for building and maintaining innovative Web sites.
- Respects accessibility WCAG 2.0 AA and WAI-ARIA, usability, and interoperability
- Reduces costs by consolidating Web tools and solutions.
- Open source software that is free to use by departments and external Web communities.
- Responsive design based on Bootstrap (4.x) and Omega (1.x) - mobile, tablet and desktop support.
- Ever-growing list of open source plugins and widgets leverage through CTools Plugins.
- Numerous BDD tests leveraging Behat for much of our core functionality.
- First class deployment work supporting dev > qa > prod via REST + UUID (D7)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 43 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 61,843
- Last modified: 18 November 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.