Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Web Links provides a comprehensive way to display and manage url links to external websites. All links are nodes, which may be put into taxonomies/categories for customised group display. Blocks may be enabled for any category (or sub-category) of weblinks, and can also show recent or popular links. This module plays nicely with taxonomy_access/node_access allowing for various group and individual editing options. Admins may also enable a "My Weblinks" page that displays which web links a user has submitted and what the publication status is for that link. The Checker sub-module can regularly check the status of urls and optionally unpublish any broken site links and republish them when the site becomes available again.
You may be interested in comparison shopping: Comparison of links page modules.
Weblinks 7.x-1.0 was released on 12th May 2015 - if you have installed either of the Alpha releases please upgrade to the full 7.x-1.0 release.
The latest release is 6.x-2.6 which contains bug fixes and a few enhancements.
How can you get involved?
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker
- Review and test '>these issues which we are working on
- Write a review for this module on drupalmodules.com
- Comment on the "Roadmap" items. We value all input in charting the course of this module.
- We are writing tests for the SimpleTest module. You can help with this too - see and .
- This module, out of the box, uses the standard theme setting to show the "Submitted by" information. This can be further enhanced by using the Submitted By module (6.x and 7.x). An example is in the screen shot above.
- Image Attach (6.x) can be used to add images (such as logos) to the links.
- Taxonomy Image (6.x) can be used to add images to the link groups
- RealName (6.x and 7.x) adds the ability to display an alternate name derived from the user profile along with a number of other features. Weblinks supports this at the current -dev version.
- Taxonomy Delegate (6.x) can be used to allow non-admin roles the ability to maintain the Weblinks vocabulary. You may find this unnecessary (try it first).
- Voting modules work just fine. An example of Five Star (6.x and 7.x) is in the screen shot above.
- The Pralexa (page rankings) sub-module (included in Web Links 6.x but not 7.x) requires the PHP extension "SimpleXML," which is supposed to be standard in PHP5. If, for some reason, your host has disabled it, you will not be able to use Pralexa. This is something to take up with your host; do not file an issue on it.
As with all contributed modules, when considering submitting an issue:
- Read the documentation (two or three times is better). Don't forget the handbook pages, especially the FAQ.
- Review the existing issues list. (Don't forget to select "<all>" for the "Status" field.)
- Gather all the appropriate information. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Drupal version.
- Browser type and version.
- Database type and version.
- Error messages, if any.
- Module settings.
- Submit the issue. If other modules are involved, you may need to submit the issue to those modules as well.
As with all modules, please make sure you run update.php after updating this module, even if no updates are identified.
Development version status
The development versions (-dev) are where the newest stuff is, including any bug fixes and new features. We try to make sure it is tested before we commit anything, but occasionally a bug will get by us. Your help on testing this code is greatly appreciated.
Robert, Nancy, Jonathan, and Gerhard.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content, Content Display
- Reported installs: 1,019 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 67,258
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 31, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.