Void menu allows you to configure special values to tags for use in the Drupal 7 menu system. You can customize up to 10 different void tags with any value you wish and use them freely inside the Drupal menu system.
Several excellent modules exist already that may be more suitable for your needs including special_menu_items (http://drupal.org/project/special_menu_items) and menu_firstchild (http://drupal.org/project/menu_firstchild).
Both of these modules are excellent at what they intend to accomplish, however both are very limiting in what they can do. Void Menu seeks to satisfy a gap that exists in these modules, and inherently in the Drupal menu system itself.
As an added bonus, and because of the functionality of this module, you are also able to use actual anchors as menu items that serve no other purpose than placeholders. This is accomplished with a void tag that is set to
At this time it is hard to say whether development of this module will need to continue for D8.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Path Management
- Reported installs: 8,171 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 20,392
- Last modified: November 25, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.