Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Media adds a file/image browser. So does this module.
- Media adds a lot of crazy options. This module doesn't.
- Media is insanely hard to extend (partly because it's HUGE). This module isn't.
- The FileField Sources "reference" field is impractical, because you don't know the image's filename, but you do know what it looks like. This module add visuals.
Set up / enable
- Download & install
- Create an image field (any (?) widget)
- Enable "Autocomplete reference textfield" under "File sources" (field instance settings)
- That's it. Go to the (node) form and select "Reference existing". There will be a new button "Choose file"
This module comes with a free, standard grid View. You can override that. If you're a fan of Features, you can clone it and disable the old one. The new one is then used (and featurizable!) because the path is still "admin/visual_select_file" and the tag is "visual_select_file".
hook_visual_select_file_results_alter(). See visual_select_file.module for context.
All JS is divided into small chunks (like
Drupal.visualSelectFile.openButtonLabel) to make changes simple.
1.3+ comes with a CKEditor button to add files to your WYSIWYG fields.
1.5+ comes with an upload form, to upload files directly into your WYSIWYG fields.
1.6+ comes with Manual Crop support for VSF WYSIWYG.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Fields, File Management
- Reported installs: 476 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,097
- Last modified: February 29, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.