Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Drupal 8 successor is Linkback, now under development. (Previous notes: )
Merging the 2 modules into 1 solves the problem of supporting both protocols, but only wanting to register one pingback or trackback per URL when a node is saved.
The module will:
- support pingback and trackback
- register one pingback/trackback per node per link
- abstract actions when linkbacks are received: choose to create a comment, create a node, fire off a firework...
- provide integration points for anti-spam tools such as mollom
Is it ready for production use?
It's still in development and test coverage is sparse for some features. It's pretty close to API-freeze and db-structure-freeze: the public functions and table-structure aren't likely to change unless a significant serious issue is discovered which demands the change.
There are probably a few bugs and issues, so I'd suggest caution with production-use unless you're happy to deal with the occasional issue. Patches, tests, comments and support all welcome!
One test branch of 7.x-2.x is available here, check it out: github.com/HongPong/vinculum/tree/7.x-2.x.
Well, I was going to call it linkback but another developer bagged that name on drupal.org before me, so dlandoncole suggested Vinculum: latin for a link in a chain (and coincidentally the heart of a Borg ship, which appealed to me!)
What's left to do?
- Integration with actions/rules
- Better test coverage
- Code review
- Anti-spam support (e.g. mollom integration)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 77 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,422
- Last modified: January 25, 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!