- This module has been replaced by Views UI: Edit Basic Settings
The new project allows one to edit more Views settings such as the title and empty text. The UI is also improved by using Drupal tabs for Views pages similar to node pages.
Does your client want to modify the header or footer of a view, but you don't want to train them on the rather intimidating Views UI admin interface, or give them access to pages that may allow them to mess up their site? Then this handy little module is the solution for you!
"Views UI: Edit Headers/Footers" provides a separate interface that displays a list of views (defined by you, so you can exclude certain views) and allows users with the correct permission to modify their header and footer content.
- The edit page is accessed via "Content management" --> "Edit Views headers/footers."
- To define which views to display, visit "Site Configuration" --> "Views" --> "Editable headers/footers"
- Make sure the user role has the "edit views headers/footers" permission.
- Please note that the "override" button will be hidden, so if your view uses multiple displays, you will probably want to modify the header/footer fields to be "overriden," otherwise it will update the default display when the user goes in and modifies them.