This module is designed to provide a way to export large amounts of data from views. It provides a display plugin that can rendered progressively in a batch. Style plugins are included that support exporting in the following types:
- Microsoft XLS (or really simple HTML understood by Excel)
- Microsoft DOC
- Basic TXT
In addition proper support for Excel / the XLSX format can be added through the module Views Data Export PHPExcel.
This module also exposes a drush command that can execute the view and save its results to a file.
drush views-data-export [view-name] [display-id] [output-file]
The batched export functionality of this module requires a MySQL database.
This module also requires version 2.7 or higher of views.
- Views Bonus Pack includes an export submodule that allows exports, but is not scalable for large data sets.
- Views Datasource allows exporting to XML/JSON among many others, but is geared towards small exports.
- Services Views provides ways of exporting views results as XML, JSON and CSV using Services.
- Views batch page module seems to batch the building of views data, but displays it as a page instead of a file. Also, pages of data a simply rendered and concatenated together instead of being one contiguous table.
This module has its roots in the export module that is part of the Views Bonus Pack. However, massive changes were needed to make the batch export functionality work, and so this fork was created. See: http://drupal.org/node/805960
About the Developers
This project is currently maintained by developers at ComputerMinds - visit us at http://www.computerminds.co.uk. We at ComputerMinds pride ourselves on offering quality Drupal training, Drupal development and Drupal consulting. Go Drupal!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Content Display, Drush, Import/Export, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 76,050 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 497,660
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: June 11, 2016