Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Video Chat module adds a fully hosted free video chat to a Drupal website. The chat application and video hosting are courtesy of Camamba and ad-supported. We hope it provides an alternative to all the payware chat modules out there.
The module provides a block where a user can enter his age and gender (since Drupal does not have this information) and then enter a webcam chat room exclusive to the sites domain name (not the individual Drupal installation).
Configuration options include the chats background color, video window background image, video window logo and default text color.
You can sign up for moderator access of your room at Camamba.
Please see README.TXT for more information.
Versions for Drupal 5-6 are provided for historical compatibility. They should continue working, but are end-of-lifecycle.
- Administrator authentication through Drupal itself. Ideas how to securely communicate that to Camamba are welcome.
- Support for a chat background image.
The videochat module was written and published with the express written consent of the 3rd party service provider (camamba.com).
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Games and Amusements, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 118 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 14,043
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.