URL alter is a utility module that adds two new hooks for other modules to implement: hook_url_inbound_alter() and hook_url_outbound_alter(). These hooks also replace the need for the special, silly custom_url_rewrite_inbound() and custom_url_rewrite_outbound() functions commonly found in settings.php.
It also provides an interface for administrators to enter in their own hook_url_alter code without needing to create a custom module.
#D7CX: I pledge that URL alter will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released because the hooks are a part of Drupal 7! The module will become an interface to run the deprecated custom_url_rewrite functions.
It is highly recommended that you install this module if you use any of the following modules:
- Domain Access
- Drupal for Facebook
- Sub-path URL Aliases
- Persistent URL
Modules with integration in progress or need an integration patch reviewed:
- None pending.
How can you get involved?
- Write a review for this module on drupalmodules.com.
- Help translate this module at http://localize.drupal.org/translate/projects/url_alter.
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker.
- Contact the maintainer with any comments, questions, or a quote for custom module customisations.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 1,087 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 20,823
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.