This module allows administrators an avenue to manage free tagging terms while still encouraging users to suggest new terms.
Examples of potential usage:
- If a tag added by a user is a synonym of an existing term, (optionally and) automagically replace it with the existing term. This can also be used to handle alternate spellings of a term, typographical errors and so on.
- If a tag added by a user uses the related terms feature of the taxonomy module, optionally tag the node with those terms as well.
- Optionally also insert the ancestors (parents, grandparents etc.) of the provided tags.
- Make a free-tagging vocabulary read-only. Non-existent terms are not included and are instead sent to a management interface where they can be dealt with appropriately.
The management interface mentioned above includes the following features:
- Save as new terms.
- Save as synonyms of provided root terms.
- Save as child terms of provided parent terms.
Any new terms which are approved are also automatically associated with the nodes that suggested them in the first place.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Taxonomy, Utility
- Reported installs: 76 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,229
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.