Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Ubercart Addresses module adds an address book to the user's profile. When users register, you can require that they provide an address. Users can then add more addresses and edit or delete existing addresses. One address is always designated as the default address and cannot be deleted (but it can be edited). Users can optionally name each address (e.g. "work", "mary", "joe").
The Ubercart checkout process is altered so that users select delivery and billing addresses from their address book rather than from previous orders. You can ask the module to automatically fill in the billing and/or the delivery address with the user's default address. Any new addresses entered during the checkout process are automatically added to the user's address book.
The 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x versions contain the following features:
- Address book: customer can manage addresses in their address book.
- Billing/Shipping address enhancements: customers can mark addresses as their default billing and/or default shipping address.
- Address nicknames: customers can assign a name to each address.
- Address formats: create address formats using tokens.
- Address selecting: customers can select an address from their address book at checkout.
- Require an address when registering: you can require customers to provide an address when they register.
- Fine grained permissions settings: view, edit and delete permissions and hooks for further control.
- Support for extra address fields: add extra address fields through code or with Extra Fields Pane.
- The address book API: a system for loading, deleting and saving addresses.
- The field handler API: a system for adding extra address fields.
See the documentation for more details.
Views support is available in the Ubercart Views module.
For Ubercart Addresses 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x, there is documentation available for site builders and for developers:
- Ubercart Addresses documentation overview
The site builder's guide to Ubercart Addresses
A quick introduction to the module with all features visible in the user interface in short explained.
The developer's guide to Ubercart Addresses
A detailed guide about the architectural concepts of the Ubercart Addresses' API. Contains many code examples of how to interact with the API.
The available hooks are explained in the file uc_addresses.api.php, which is included with the module.
An example module demonstrates a way to interact with the field handler API.
Seefor more information.
- The 7.x-1.x branch: open for new features and bug fixes.
- The 6.x-2.x branch: no new features will be added to this branch. It's open for bug fixes only.
- The 6.x-1.x branch: there will be no further development on this branch.
- The 5.x branches: there will be no further development on the 5.x branches.
- The 6.x-2.x and 7.x-1.x versions are minimally maintained by MegaChriz.
- The 5.x and 6.x-1.x versions were originally maintained by Tony Freixas.
How to help
There are some issues in consideration with which I could use some help in designing. See
I'm also looking for co-developers who want to help me with maintaining the 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x version. Check out the documentation to learn everything about how Ubercart Addresses works.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, E-commerce
- Reported installs: 4,292 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 39,484
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 5, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.