Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Typogrify.module brings the typographic refinements of Typogrify to Drupal.
- Wraps ampersands (the “&” character) with
- Prevents single words from wrapping onto their own line using Shaun Inman's Widont technique.
- Converts straight quotation marks "" to typographer's quotation marks “”, „“ or «» using SmartyPants language dependent.
- Converts multiple hyphens to en dashes and em dashes (according to your preferences), using SmartyPants.
- Wraps multiple capital letters with
- Wraps initial quotation marks with
- Adds a css style sheet that uses the
<span>tags to substitute a showy ampersand in headlines, switch caps to small caps, and hang initial quotation marks.
- Inserts ligatures (if supported by platform and browser).
- Replaces ascii arrows with unicode arrows (if supported by platform and browser).
- Inserts thin-space in abbreviations.
- Groups digits in large numbers.
=in words with a soft hyphen (
­), to allow hyphenated line-breaks.
Learn more about Typogrify
The original Typogrify is Python code by Christian Metts. Typogrify.module uses Hamish Macpherson's PHP port of that code, php-typogrify.
- Original Typogrify announcement
- Original Typogrify example page
- Original Typogrify project page
- Typogrify.module uses PHP Typogrify
- Typogrify.module uses PHP SmartyPants
- Typogrify.module implements Widont
Learn more about setting type for the web
- The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web
- Five simple steps to better typography
- Thinking With Type
- And if you're going to buy one book, make it Robert Bringhurst's The Elements of Typographic Style.
- After updates: open all filter using typogrify, check the new features and save.
- To avoid conflicts with other filter, typogrify should be the last in the filter-queue.
The D8 port is up here now and in active testing/development. We'd love more feedback and have some new ideas for future development. Looking forward to seeing it develop!
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Filters/Editors
- Reported installs: 3,196 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 104,132
- Last modified: October 31, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!