Tripal is a toolkit for construction of online biological (genetics, genomics, breeding, etc), community database, and is a member of the GMOD family of tools. Tripal provides by default integration with the GMOD Chado database schema and Drupal, a popular Content Management Systems (CMS). Tripal is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Provide a framework for those with genomic, genetic and breeding data for creation of an online site for display, search and visualization.
- To use community-derived standards and ontologies to facility continuity between sites which in turn fosters collaboration and sharing
- Provide an out-of-the-box setup for a genomics site for those who simply want to put new genome assemblies and annotations online.
- Provide Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for complete customization such that more advanced displays, look-and-feel, and new functionality can be supported.
- Incorporates the GMOD Chado database schema which serves as the data warehouse.
- Integrates with Drupal for user management, and non-biological content.
- Data loaders for commonly used file formats (FASTA, GFF3, GAF, OBO, tab-delimited, etc.).
- Sites can be customized as desired.
- Site developers can create new extension modules to share with other Tripal sites.
Tripal site developers have constructed additional modules, Views exports, materialized view exports and bulk loader templates for others to use. The complete list of available customizations are available on the Tripal Website.
Who's Using Tripal
Please see the Tripal website for a list of known sites using Tripal. In summary, Tripal is currently used for presentation of genomic, genetic and breeding data for both plant and animal species. These sites serve as the hub for data storage, mining and analysis for their respective research communities.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 107 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,959
- Last modified: 1 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.