Adds TrackBack support to Drupal. Sending and retrieval of TrackBacks are supported either using POST or GET.
This module in configurable in several ways:
- Receive and sent TrackBacks
- Moderate incoming TrackBacks
- Allows to choose where display Trackbacks: below post or in a separate block
- Allows per-content-type trackbacks
- Configurable trackback URL position: teaser, fullnode, teaser+fullnode, links or hidden (still present in HTML)
Unlike the Pingback module for Drupal, this module register pingbacks into a custom content-type and not into post-comments. There isn't any right or wrong way to do Trackbacks/Pingbacks... choose the module that suits your needs! :)
In a nutshell, TrackBack was designed to provide a method of notification between websites: it is a method of person A saying to person B, "This is something you may be interested in." To do that, person A sends a TrackBack ping to person B.
- Mena and Ben Trott (http://www.sixapart.com/pronet/docs/trackback_spec)
- Provide Akismet integration:
- Provide Mollom integration:
- Fix Spam integration (only when Spam will be D6 ported: http://drupal.org/node/222849)
I'm (thePanz) planning to commit latest patches and keep this module alive (yes, so many open issues on queue). My primary focus will be on D6 branch, if you want to contribute or support old D4 or D5 branch fill an issue for co-maintaining.
Trackback for Drupal7
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 278 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 21,404
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.