A distribution for professional publishers
by Hubert Burda Media
Thunder is a Drupal 8 distribution for professional publishers. It consists of the current Drupal 8 functionality, lots of handpicked publisher-centric modules with custom enhancements, and an environment which makes it easy to install, deploy and add new functionality.
Thunder users also benefit from a whole range of channel- and feature-specific enhancements through collaboration with industry partners such as nexx.tv, Riddle.com, and Valiton.
As members of the Thunder Coalition, publishers, industry partners, and developers build custom extensions and share them with the Coalition to further enhance Thunder.
For further information on installing drupal, follow the install instructions.
What's installed by default?
- Admin Toolbar
- Better Normalizers
- Entity API
- Entity Browser
- Field Group
- Focal Point
- Inline Entity Form
- Libraries API
- Linkit - Enriched linking experience
- Media Entiy
- Media entity image
- Media entity slideshow
- Media entity Instagram
- Media entity twitter
- Simple XML sitemap
- Slick media
- Video Embed Field
Plus some base configuration:
- A channel taxonomy
- An article content type with some base fields
- Image, gallery, social media and video media types
- A set of commonly used paragraph types
- Pre configured role for editorial staff
What can be activated optionally?
- Google AdSense integration
- Google Analytics
- Riddle Marketplace
- Nexx Video Player
- Facebook Instant Articles
- Harbourmaster SSO
Here you can find more information about these modules.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 141 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,418
- Last modified: March 1, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.