This module allows themes to define their own blocks.
You probably only need this if a theme has asked you to install it or if you are a themer and you want to declare some blocks without creating your own module.
Why? The code to define a simple block is easy to create, but also very easily abstracted. Why not provide it as a simple feature for themers to use, without having to create a custom module?
Usage for themers
To define a block you just add a line to your theme.info file:
theme_blocks[BLOCKNAME][template] = TEMPLATE
BLOCKNAME is a unique identifier for the block, and TEMPLATE is the name of the file in your theme folder to use for the block. For example, to create a block for an advert I have stored in my theme in a file called advertisment.tpl.php I would add the following to theme.info:
theme_blocks[myadvert][template] = advertisment
Notice that the .tpl.php is not required on the end of the template name. The block name is a unique name for the block, and should be lowercase letters and underscores.
See the README.txt file for details of further options and more advanced usage.
Maintainer: Darren Mothersele
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Developer, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 26 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,504
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.