Term Fields allows you to define fields for taxonomy terms in the same way that CCK allows you to define fields for nodes.
Possible uses for this module
- You own a book review site where you use the Taxonomy module to classify book reviews by the book author. You've created a view that lists all book authors on the site, but instead of just listing the author's name, you'd like to include some biographical information as well, such as the author's date of birth.
- You have a video game fansite where your classify news, reviews, and images with a vocabulary where all the terms are games. You want to create an index of all games on your site, but instead of just listing the name of the game, you want to list the game's release date, publisher and platform.
- You have a recipes site where recipes are nodes and are classified with a vocabulary where the terms are the chefs who created the recipes. Again, you want to list all the chefs with a view, but you also want to list their favorite recipe next to their name.
Any situation where taxonomy terms need more than just a title and a description is where Term Fields comes in to use.
This module is fully views integrated, except for the checkbox component at this time. Every field you create will have fields/filters/arguments/sorts, depending on what type of field it is.
@todo: improve the existing handlers in the 2.x branch, to have more flexibility on the displayed results.
The development version of Term Fields contains the latest bug fixes and features. It is generally considered stable, and its use is encouraged for testing purposes.
This branch is a complete rewrite of the module. The field widgets and types are more advanced and flexible, with new features. Look at the release notes for more details.
Make a backup of your database before upgrading from 1.x to 2.x, because the field data conversion (definitions and values) may fail or abort.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 1,154 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 19,112
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.