Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Ever wanted to create static blocks in your theme and just found it very very complicated. Then try this module, as this is the easiest way how to create blocks in theme.
1. create a "blocks" directory in your default theme
2. add a template file into that directory like my-custom-block.tpl.php (file content: HELLO)
3. flush the cache [at admin/config/development/performance]
4. go to the blocks administration screen [at admin/structure/block]
result: you should see your custom block in the list..
tip: there is an additional variable you can use in the template file
$path = full path to the current blocks directory (you can use it for example for
<img src=""> tags if you put your block images in a sub-directory or something..)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 2 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 391
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.