Posted by suydam on
Taxonomy Timer allows site administrators to schedule term removal from nodes.
It is sorta like the actions module, but not quite. Here's how it works:
- Administrator creates a vocabulary + terms
- Administrator creates default rules for term/type pairings (e.g. "For page nodes with term 5, after 3 days unpublish the node" or "For product nodes with term 3, after 3 days, remove term 5 and add term 7").
- Anyone with access creates nodes which receive the default rules
- Editing the nodes allows the user to reduce the time-until-action for nodes (but not increase...specs of the project I was paid to develop, but I suppose future versions might also allow increases with different hook_perm values for increases and decreases)
- hook_cron goes through and performs the prescribed actions
- Right now there's only one email notification. We should allow for more of them (or for an arbitrary number to be created by the site administrator)
- The email that we have is sent exactly 2 days prior to firing of the action. This should be configurable.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Taxonomy
- Downloads: 3,625
- Last modified: November 27, 2014