This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
This module allows an administrator with "administer taxonomy" permission to delegate the administration of a vocabulary to a non-admin role.
The role to which this authority has been delegated may add, modify, and delete terms from a vocabulary. They may, not however, modify the vocabulary itself, nor may they create new vocabularies.
Given that Forums are controlled by a vocabulary, one might give the ability to control them to someone who has no other administrative rights. They can then change the "containers" (parent terms) and forums (child terms). Other popular modules that are vocabulary driven are Image Gallery and Glossary, so they are functions that can be easily delegated. There are many ways in which this module can help.
NOTE: Changes to the Drupal 7 system may make this module unnecessary on D7. Investigation continues...
I run the translation extractor when I update the module, so if someone wants to provide translations, the template is available. Please open a feature request with the translation (.po) module.
This module's development was underwritten by Seblin Hosting for a project I was working on for them. They were gracious enough to allow me to contribute it to the Drupal community.
Development version status
The development versions (-dev, which rolls up at Noon and Midnight GMT) are where the newest stuff is, including any bug fixes and new features. We try to make sure it is tested before we commit anything, but occasionally a bug will get by us. Your help on testing this code is greatly appreciated. The translation templates may not always be up-to-date in the dev releases.
Current Features being tested in Development
- Correct menu access checking.
- Remove presentational markup.
- Remove decode_enties and check_markup.
- Added hook_taxonomy to delete delegation when vocab deleted.
- Add permission to delete terms.
- Correct menu tite translation.
- Improved text handling.
- Moved to package = Taxonomy.
- Use taxonomy_term_path.
- Avoid db_query when user is not logged in.
- Add option to show menu to admins.
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Administration, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 135 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,640
- Last modified: 1 December 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.