Take Control is a set of set of modules for Drupal for managing various administrative tasks particularly related to the file system. Beginning with version 2.0, the module has been refactored into a core/add-on architecture, where a core module take_control provides common routines and settings, whereas the bulk of front-end user interaction comes from add-on modules (e.g. file browser etc).
Currently, there are 2 add-on modules: file-browser, and quick-permissions.
1) File Browser: A complete File Browser/File Manager for Drupal. Allows you to manage your Drupal file-system directly through Drupal without needing FTP or your Hosting Control Panel access.
2) Quick Permissions: Many Drupal administrators are troubled by the: Drupal_Security_Do_Not_Remove_See_SA_2006_006
directive in Drupal file-system root's .htaccess file that effectively prevents write access to the file-system folder outside Drupal.
This module allows you to take control of the file-system folder by specifying custom permissions on it from Drupal. Additionally, you can specify custom permission / delete any directory/file owned by Drupal using this module.
Effectively, the take_control module together with its add-ons allows you to take complete control of your Drupal installation in general, and the file-system folder in particular, both from within as well as from outside Drupal.
Please take care to manipulate only those directories/files through these modules that are owned by Drupal (i.e. created by Drupal itself).
Otherwise, the actions might not take effect (depending upon permissions) and might log a entry in your Site Log.
Please consult README.txt for details, and instructions for installation of this module. There are some additional steps than a normal Drupal module install.
A video for installation instructions is also available at:
Extra icon-sets for File Browser together with instructions to use them are available at:
An online demo for this module is now available here.
Please note that both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 versions of this module use ExtJs 3. The module would work with any version of ExtJs 3.x but would not work with ExtJs 4.x.
Please help test the Drupal 7 branch of this module.
This project was originally created for my personal website: http://www.rahulsingla.com
This module (including the Drupal 7 port) is sponsored by Imbibe Technologies Pvt Ltd.:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, File Management
- Reported installs: 490 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 10,468
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.