Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Spaces is an API module intended to make configuration options generally avaliable only at the sitewide level to be configurable and overridden by individual "spaces" on a Drupal site. It has been described as:
- A way to make one Drupal site act like several sites
- A way to provide much more configurable, full-feature Organic Groups or user homepages
- A generalized API for contextual configuration
Requirements & compatibility
Use of spaces requires
However, you will want the following modules in order to build or use reasonably cool features with Spaces and take advantage of most space types:
Out of the box, Spaces provides integration modules for:
Spaces is not an end-user module and realistically speaking, there is no such thing as "Basic usage" of Spaces. : ) Please read
README.txt before deciding whether Spaces is right for you and your project.
The Spaces 3.x branch makes significant departures from many of the concepts
in the 2.x branch. Here is a non-exhaustive list of important changes:
- Removed strict PURL dependency. Spaces can now be made active through means other than a PURL provider (see
- Usage of CTools plugins API and export API.
spaces_settings()have been replaced with a general configuration override system using object controllers (more on this below).
If you are upgrading from Spaces 2.x, prepare for a rocky ride. Update scripts are included to migrate as cleanly as possible from 2.x to 3.x but any custom settings you have created will need to be managed manually. The update scripts leave the
spaces_settings table intact for this reason.
README.txt for more information about upgrading.
- Doxygen documentation is available for the 3.x branch courtesy of Treehouse Agency
While we maintain core usage and API docs with the module itself, please feel encouraged to contribute tutorials, HOWTOs, screencasts, and other docs to the Drupal.org handbook and other resources on the web (e.g. you or your organization's blog).
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Utility
- Reported installs: 2,486 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 163,783
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!