Provides an API for the Sound eXchange command line utility (known as SoX).
SoX can convert various audio formats in to other formats (you can even grab source files over HTTP and convert them to files on your own host). It can also apply sound effects to these files. This module helps using this software in Drupal through the PHP exec() command. It does not provide any user interface because it's solely intended to be used by other modules.
Currently supported formats by the API:
- Microsoft Waveform Audio File Format (WAV)
- MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 (MP3) (CBR/VBR)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
In order to use this module, you need to install SoX first. MP3 and FLAC encoding also need additional runtime libraries (see SoX installation notes).
Basically, SoX supports a lot of formats, options and effects. At this point only three formats are implemented with not all the available options. If you like to contribute more to the API, feel free to post in the issue queue!
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer
- Downloads: 538
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.