Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Social Speech module allows users to interact with your site content by highlighting and clicking individual sentences within a block of text. It also provides options that permit users to submit feedback about that sentence and share it via social network services.
This module was built by the White House for the State of the Union Address in 2013. Please see whitehouse.gov/sotu2013 for a demonstration.
End User Features
- On hover, individual sentences are highlighted.
- On click, a modal dialog is displayed to the user. The modal may contain:
- Facebook and Twitter share links, specific to the selected sentence.
- Custom content (specified by CSS selector)
- A webform. The Social Speech Webform submodule adds support for AJAX submission.
- Social Speech provides two hooks, which permit developers to modify the editing and display of Social Speech nodes:
- Social speech also provides "jQuery hooks," which allow developers to respond to jQuery events.
Anyone is encouraged to contribute to this project.
By contributing to this project, you grant a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to all users under the terms of the Gnu General Public License v2 or later.
All comments, messages, pull requests, and other submissions received through official White House pages including this Drupal.org page are subject to the Presidential Records Act and may be archived. Learn more http://WhiteHouse.gov/privacy
This project constitutes a work of the United States Government and is not subject to domestic copyright protection under 17 USC Â§ 105.
The project utilizes code licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License and therefore is licensed under GPL v2 or later.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Downloads: 775
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.