Smart App Banners invite users to install or open a native iOS mobile app if the site provides one; available in iOS 6. Mobile Safari includes the following features:
- Invite the user to install your app.
- Link from your web site to your app.
- Maintain the user's current context. (available in an upcoming release)
Why are Smart App Banners better than custom pop-ups?
- Pop-ups and Pop-overs interrupt a user.
- Opening the app, after manual installation, loses the user's context.
- Metatag module
- Support app-argument; pass custom values to native app.
- Research for per-page app-id injection (perfect for App directory sites).
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Content, Content Display, Mobile, SEO, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 78 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,647
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.