Random ordering in Simpleads sucks a little bit: if you have field_ad_status in your simplead node, it will respect its value, BUT, only after it made a query. So, if you have inactive ads in your group, it will query an ad at first and then check if it is active and if it is not, SimpleAds won't show the ad and you will lose an impression.
This small module fixes that situation and uses EFQ to get a random active ad for the current ad group, so you'll never miss an impression, unless you have all ads inactive.
Installation and Usage:
Just install it and enable. In your ad group block select a 'Better Random' under Ads order select and save. It will work!
Created and sponsored by Tim Kamanin (TimOnWeb Drupal development).
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Media
- Reported installs: 22 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 374
- Last modified: 28 November 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.