This module is intended to be a simple but flexible and fully functional bookmarklet module, as the name suggests. This way, a user who is browsing a page can create content on a Drupal site from that page. There is just one administration interface. Just enable the module and go to this interface (admin/config/content/simple_bookmarklet).
Through this interface, you can:
- Choose a title for the bookmarklet
- Add extra CSS files
- Choose what content type can be created through the bookmarklet
- Choose which fields can be filled through the bookmarklet
- Define how fields can be pre-populated (using page title, text selected by the user or page URL)
- Force HTTPS
After setting the preferences, a link will be generated, which is stored on a variable, so you can display it easily on other places of your site. Users can then drag and drop this link to their bookmarks bars.
Tested on Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Check this less-than-one-minute video to understand better how it works.
Check the code on Github.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 37 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 669
- Last modified: 28 November 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.