Shortcodes are actually macros to be used in the text of contents. These macros change the text of the content and format the given part through the theme engine. This module defines few basic shortcodes only. (New ones will come.)
Shortcode is an API that handles the shortcode macros for text formats. You can add your own shortcode tags via this API. All tags are themeable and new tags can be provided by other modules.
Initial work is based on the Wordpress Shortcode API but was reworked for Drupal. You can nest tags (within same tags too), no need for special recursion handling.
Macros come with this module
Shortcode basic tags module
- [quote] Replace the given text formatted like as a quote.
- [img] Show an image.
- [highlight] Insert a span with highlight css class around the text.
- [button] Insert a link formatted like as a button.
- [dropcap] Replace the given text formatted like as a dropcap.
- [item] Insert div or span around the text with some css classes.'
- [clear] Insert a float-clearing div for a proper layout.
- [link] Makes an aliased link to the given path.
- ShortCode for Google maps
- ShortCode for Skype button
- ShortCode Video - Inserts embedded video code. (YouTube, Vimeo.)
- ShortCode Date - embeds date with given time and format
- Shortcode Audio - embeds SoundCloud audio.
- Shortcode Social - embeds social media content within a WYSIWYG editor.
* separate macros module from the API
* remove input filter dependency - push this functionality to a separate module
* D8 version - The planned release date of the beta version is 4. Jan 2016.
...have a feature you'd like to sponsor? Or just want to sponsor this project? Get in touch!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Filters/Editors
- Reported installs: 30,425 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 60,934
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 9 February 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.