The Services Documentation module generates API documentation for your site’s Services resources. Most of the documentation is generated automatically, using the resource information provided by Services. However, this module provides you with the ability to easily extend that documentation.
We make the following assumptions about your usage of the Services module:
- You are providing an API to a third party, which allows them to access your data via Services.
- You would like to provide a page to API consumers that documents your API endpoints, resources, etc.
Documentation will be made available on your Drupal site at /developers. It will be organized by API version (arbitrarily defined by you), and subsequently displayed hierarchically according to resource, method type, method name, arguments, etc.
- Enable the module
- Navigate to admin/structure/services/list and click 'Edit Resources' for a given endpoint
- Click 'edit documentation' for a given resource
- Check 'Enable display of custom documentation' and optionally fill in field
- Navigate to /admin/people/permissions and set permissions for resource documentation
Anyone is encouraged to contribute to this project.
By contributing to this project, you grant a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to all users under the terms of the Gnu General Public License v2 or later.
All comments, messages, pull requests, and other submissions received through official White House pages including this Drupal.org page are subject to the Presidential Records Act and may be archived. Learn more http://WhiteHouse.gov/privacy
This project constitutes a work of the United States Government and is not subject to domestic copyright protection under 17 USC Â§ 105.
The project utilizes code licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License and therefore is licensed under GPL v2 or later.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 181 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,915
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.