Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Search Node Files module indexes files attached to a node, either by upload or filefield modules, and adds it to de node's index on Drupal's search system.
The difference of this module and the search_files module is that this one handles attached files as node's content, and not as individual search results.
So when a file matches the keyword, instead of showing files as search results, the containing node will be listed.
So, any files of supported mimetypes attached to a node with core's upload.module or FileField will be parsed and considered as part of the node's content on indexing.
Supported File Formats
Search Node Files module currently supports the following file formats:
- Portable Document Format (pdf)
- MS Word Documents (doc and docx).
- xpdf's pdftotext tool
- Perl (to run the bundled 3rd party docx2txt.pl tool)
It's useful to create a plugin scheme for filetypes, like Search Files'
The initial development was sponsored by Thiago Régis
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search
- Reported installs: 9 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 696
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.