(Current release versions (beta4 and beyond) contain updates to work with current (2015) Search API and Search API Solr)
Sarnia allows a Drupal site to interact with and display data from Solr cores with arbitrary schemas, mainly by building views. This is useful for Solr cores that index large, external (ie, non-Drupal) datasets that either aren't practical to store in Drupal or that are already indexed in Solr.
Sarnia treats records from Solr as Drupal entities, although listing, filtering, and displaying Sarnia entities should be done using Views. Solr properties can be formatted within Views fields using field formatters (hook_field_formatter_info(), hook_field_formatter_view()).
- After a prolonged period, the current release version has been patched and tested to work with the latest Search API and Search API Solr. The included documentation has been updated.
- Date facets are supported on fields declared as solr.TrieDateField ("tdate"). See . It may be necessary (depending on the version of Solr) to force disabling of fulltext search on fields declared as solr.TrieDateField, by setting rules in the "Fulltext search" section on the "Solr Schema" tab of a Sarnia Server configuration item (See comment #9 in the cited issue #2513444).
- Random sorts in Views can be added with . The Sarnia project contains example drush makefile code that applies the first patch from above.
- There is now working FacetAPI integration (requires search_api_facetapi, which is included in the Search API project)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search, Third-party Integration, Views
- Reported installs: 41 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,144
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: July 27, 2015