Sarnia allows a Drupal site to interact with and display data from Solr cores with arbitrary (non-Drupal) schemas, mainly by building Views. This is useful for Solr cores that index large, external (non-Drupal) datasets that are either not practical to store in Drupal or may already be indexed in Solr.
Sarnia treats records from Solr as Drupal entities, although listing, filtering, and displaying Sarnia entities should be done using Views. Solr properties can be formatted within Views fields using field formatters (hook_field_formatter_info(), hook_field_formatter_view()).
- The current release version has been patched and tested to work with the latest Search API and Search API Solr, and is now the stable release. The included documentation has been updated.
- There is now working FacetAPI integration (requires search_api_facetapi, which is included in the Search API project)
- Date facets are supported on fields declared as solr.TrieDateField ("tdate"). It may be necessary (depending on the version of Solr) to force disabling of fulltext search on fields declared as solr.TrieDateField, by setting rules in the "Fulltext search" section on the "Solr Schema" tab of a Sarnia Server configuration item. See comment #9 in issue .
- A patch was originally made where Sarnia handled filter testing for NULL values. This has now been removed in favor of allowing Search API to handle NULL testing. In limited cases, it may be necessary to review pre-existing Views. See and .
- Views PHP can be made to work with Sarnia, with a few changes to Views PHP. has the details.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search, Third-party Integration, Views
- Reported installs: 216 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,561
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 26, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.