This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
The SAML SP module allows Drupal to function as a Service Provider. This means that users can authenticate to Drupal (without a username or password) via a SAML IDP (Identity Provider) that has been pre-registered with Drupal.
To configure an IDP, you need:
- The SAML Login URL of the IDP
- The x.509 certificate of the IDP
The SimpleSAMLphp authentication module is similar, but has several differences.
- The simplesaml_php module requires the SimpleSamlPHP framework. The framework is a full-stack framework: you need a vhost, data-storage, docroot, etc. It is not a simple component library.
- The Saml SP module uses the OneLogin PHP-SAML toolkit, which is a minimal component library.
- The Saml SP module only functions as a Service Provider. It won't act as an IDP.
- Saml SP is configured entirely in Drupal (
- Saml SP allows multiple IDPs and an API to work with them
- Saml SP has a Drupal Login module which lets users automatically login/register using the Saml SP API
This version is a partial rewrite, this includes moving to a Drupal 8 Object Oriented framework.
Installation of the dependencies is covered in README.txt and is managed by Composer.
The 8.x-2.x Alpha versions are still a little messy. There are many pieces of code that still need to be cleaned up from the 7.x-2.x version as well as features that were in the 7.x-2.x version like updating the Drupal user attributes from the SAML assertion and Single Log Out (SLO).
- Install the module files on your Drupal site
- Checkout the OneLogin PHP-SAML toolkit into sites/all/libraries
cd sites/all/libraries git clone https://github.com/onelogin/php-saml.git .
- Download the XMLSecLibs library from https://code.google.com/p/xmlseclibs/
cd site/all/libraries wget https://xmlseclibs.googlecode.com/files/xmlseclibs-1.3.1.tar.gz tar xvzf xmlseclibs-1.3.1.tar.gz
- Configure the module at
- Enable the Saml SP Drupal Login module, if you want users to be able to automatically log in via Saml SP authentication.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 148 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,187
- Last modified: 8 March 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.