This module lets you create links which trigger arbitrary functionality with the help of Rules.
Example use cases
- Publish/Unpublish content
- Subcribe users to current group
- Mark nodes, comments (as Spam), unpublish it and block the author.
- Batch functions like, delete all comment for a node
And many more...
- Attach the link to any entities.
- Show the link only for certain bundles.
- Narrow the entities on which the link will be shown using the visibility conditions.
- The links are usually displayed using Views.
- For entities that can be displayed, the links can be shown on node view.
- Supports an arbitrary number of additional Rules parameters for passing context via Views.
- Use individual permissions for each link.
There are three types of links:
- Token - This are basic links, that will reload the page after calling them.
- Confirmation link - Show a confirmation form before executing the rule
The Rules Link module will create a Views field for each link, which can be hidden, using the visibility conditions.
Additionally separate execution permissions will generated for each link. To edit links users only need the permission "Administer rules links".
You can find the Readme here.
- Rules - 7.x-2.0-beta3 or later
- Entity API - 7.x-1.0-beta10 or later
- Optionally but recommended: Views 3 to display the links
While the access conditions and the execution Rules set are displayed directly on the link admin pages, editing them will direct you away to Rules. So you get the default Rules bread crumbs and you'll be stuck there and will manually have to go back in your Browser.
Please also note that the scheme of rules link has changed since beta1 and that there is no upgrade path. I recommend to uninstall the beta1 first and than reinstall the beta2 release!