Role Weights allows site admins to specify certain weights for user roles. Its not much use on its own, but more of a helper module for other modules requiring this functionality, such as Path Access.
Role Weights also provides Tokens and some Views support: views are able to access, display or sort by the node author's role weight. Views support is currently limited and not without problems: check for details.
Thanks to FilmContact.com for supporting the update to Drupal 6.x. Those interested in helping update this module to 7.x should help test the current 7.x-1.x-dev version and/or check the issue queue to see what needs doing (hint: Views support).
Check the README.txt file for some more information, and a cautionary note.
First up, grab the latest official release of Role Weights appropriate for your version of Drupal (see releases below for downloads).
- Upload the role_weights directory to your modules directory.
- Enable the module under Administer -> Site building -> Modules.
- Visit Administer -> User management -> Roles and choose the 'edit' link next to a role to change a role's weight.
Once installed and role weights set, modules can then make use of:
- gets the weight value for a specified role
- takes an array of role_id => role_name and returns the 'highest' role id
Check the README.txt file for some more information.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, User Management
- Reported installs: 169 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,844
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 5, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.