The Reverse Node Reference module enhances Views with reverse relationships for node reference fields.
Node Reference fields in CCK for Drupal 6 provide relationships to Views that allow you to access fields from the referred nodes of a particular node reference field. These kind of relationships allow you to travel from the child node (the one that has the node reference field) to the parent node (the referred node).
For certain applications, we may also need to do the opposite, travel from the parent node (the referred node) to the child node (the one that has the node reference field). There was a request in the CCK to implement these kind of relationships, but it was basically discarded because the discussed approaches 1) had no support for node revisions, or 2) were going to require MySQL 5.1. See
This module implements the reverse relationships using the second option. It uses Nested Joins, that requires MySQL 5.1 (MySQL bug #1591) or PostgreSQL.
How can you get involved?
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Views
- Reported installs: 873 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,804
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.