Interactively rebuild the search index.
The search index normally is indexed using cron. This is the best way to build the search index because it provides the best use of system resources. However, if you need to rebuild the index, this module can interactively rebuild the index quicker than cron by using the batch API, or using a drush command.
You don't need this module to rebuild the index with drush - just use the native drush core search feature $ drush search-reindex --immediate --verbose
You should only do this on development servers, during off-hours, or in an emergency.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, Search
- Reported installs: 386 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,923
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.