This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Note: As of 2010/07/20, this module appears to no longer be supported. If you are interested in taking this module over, or you as the module maintainer feel this message has been posted in error, please reply to .
Red5 Flash Server is a module package for Drupal which allows you to record Flash video files (FLV) by using a standard web cam (or built-in web camera) together with the Red5 Open Source Flash Server (http://osflash.org/red5).
The difference to similar video recorder modules is that we want people to be independent of third-party providers. People should run their own Red5 Flash server instead. The advantages are:
- you can create your own video conversation community
- you have full access to your Flash video files
- you can record high quality videos without paying a license fee (because Red5 Flash server is open source and free - but offering same functionality as Adobe Flash Server)
- Education and e-learning
- Video conversations (http://www.seesmic.com)
- Interactive entertainment / video feedback (http://www.musiqueplus.com/modules/voxpop/ and http://www.epizzod.com)
We tried to keep the module as simple as possible, not creating new database tables but to reuse existing ones (like files table).
To use this module you have to set up your own Red5 Flash server (and FFMPEG for video thumbnail pictures). Knowledge with Java and Flash Actionscript is required. This module is just the Drupal part of a fully working video recording solution. It does not include any software applications for Red5 as well as Flash.
Any feedback and ideas are welcome!
Module was developed and sponsored by http://www.meidia.ca
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Community, Content, Media, Third-party Integration
- Downloads: 4,246
- Last modified: 27 November 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.