This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
The Quotes module allows users to maintain a list of quotations that they find notable, humorous, famous, infamous, or otherwise worthy of sharing with website visitors. Quotes are currently stored as pseudo-nodes, and users with the appropriate permissions can maintain their own list of quotes much like maintaining their own blog.
Administrators can define one or more quote blocks to display either the latest quote or a random quote matching certain criteria. The quotes displayed in each block can be filtered by role, user, node, or category.
Support for Views is included.
Examples of possible uses are:
- Show visitors a random quote of the day (like “Fortune” of Unix ver. 7).
- To present testimonials about a product or service on a marketing site.
Development version status
The development version for Drupal 7 (7.x-1.x-dev) is currently the only version available. It has known bugs (see issue queue) and is not ready for use on a production site. Your help on testing this code is greatly appreciated.
The pre 7.x branches (4.x, 5.x and 6.x) are no longer supported. Please do not post issues for these releases. Old issues pertaining to those branches will be closed as “outdated”.
The 7.x branch is a developmental release. Some of the module functionally works, areas which are still being worked on include:
- Convert pseudo-nodes into real Drupal 7 nodes, leveraging on fields.
- Use taxonomy terms for Authors and Bios
- Improve ability to import and export quotes
- Allow setting the teaser length
- Complete module conversion to use Drupal 7 API's and data structure
As of today the 7.x branch still uses some the older data structure of Drupal 6 for certain functions. This must be fixed before a full 7.x-1.0 release can be made.
There is currently no Drupal 8.x branch. I want to have a stable 7.x-1.0 version before starting on a port to Drupal 8.
- If no body field appears when you try to add a quote, please see this issue: .
- after installing or upgrading the Quotes project, you should visit the general setting area (Configuration » Content authoring » Quotes) to verify your preferences.
- If you request quotes for a user that does not exist (quotes/99), you will get a “Page Not Found”.
- If you request quotes for a user that has no quotes, you will get a line that says “No quotes found”.
Migrating from pre 7.x versions
- The 6.x version is based upon the 5.x-1.2 version, so all changes before that release are incorporated.
- If you have used the “Authors Name” field for biographical information in a pre 7.x version, please refer to this issue: .
- jhriggs (original author)
- ctmattice1 (previous maintainer)
- NancyDru (previous maintainer)
- gisle (current maintainer)
Any help with development (patches, reviews, comments) are welcome.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 1,047 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 33,017
- Last modified: 28 October 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.