Users that want to view the node or download one of its private attachments are first redirected to a password query page (/protected-node). Once the user entered the right password, they are redirected back to the original node. Authorizations are stored in sessions, so users don't have to enter the password over and over again once provided (requires cookies).
Email feature: The module is capable of sending the password via unencrypted emails. This is useful if you create a page to be viewed only by a few people you know.
Views submodule: The module has a few extensions supporting Views. It includes filters and output extensions.
Rules submodule: The module includes a Rules extension allowing you to act on a protected node and test the current state of a node for the current user.
There is no special requirement for this module.
- (Maybe) start a 7.x-2.x branch rewritting the module for more flexibilty and removing the legacy structure and code
- D8 version:
Similar projects and how they are different
- Protected Pages: Protected Pages uses the path to protect your page so you can password protect Views pages for example. With Protected node, content creators can add the password as they create content, they don't have to go to another configuration page.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Access Control, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 2,839 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 41,997
- Last modified: April 18, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.