This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
As there are better ways of handling images in drupal now, development/support of module is frozen. If it works for you - good. If not.. I`m afraid things won`t change. Do install this module only on your responsibility.
This module was created before imagecache was popular so it's based on image module. Think twice about pros/cons of that.
PROG AJAX based galleries module is (partially) based on Hubert`s (cousinhub) mockup seen on web - http://www.raincitystudios.com/blogs-and-pods/hubert/outline-ui-design-a...
Summarizing pros/cons for image/imagefield I decided to go with image nodes.
This module uses a lot of jquery (and contributed jquery plugins) so update it properly. UI simplicity is kept in mind while making it.
- Easy to use interface. Options kept to minimum.
- Image order in gallery is sortable and if server supports, autosortable using image exif data.
- Blocks. Listing last galleries, number of listed can be changed at block settings. All listed blocks have coresponding block, containg related action links.
- All galleries (including user's, excluding empty/no-thumbnail).
- User's galleries (including empty/no-thumbnail)
- Specific user's galleries (excluding empty/no-thumbnail). Block content appears at "/node/[gallery_nid]", "/user/[uid]" and "/galleries/[uid]".
- Gallery content and gallery list output is theme-able (if you want to display images using your own interface)
- Every gallery is node, every image is node
- optional swfupload custompack for mass upload (read next section) (last update 2009,feb 11 (with 2.2.0beta5))
- lightbox2 module (optional) (Drupal 6 version only)
- views module (1.x) (optional) (Drupal 5 version only)
- watermark module (optional) (Drupal 5 version only)
IMPORTANT note on SWFUpload
This gallery has feature of selecting multiple files at once provided by SWFUpload.
Because of MIT license SWFUpload project has, I cannot put those files into drupal.org repository. Getting project files straight from creators web page also doesn`t solve the problem because module only needs some files from different directories and I have modified one of them (a handlers.js file), so i have put an archive containing files here. Unpack and put these files in prog_gallery/swfupload directory and it will work right away.
Security, some minor bugfixes and maybe some improvements will be applied to drupal5 version, but no further development is planned.
I am always opened for ideas, but there are three things i`d like to ask: Write full sentences, explain how it should work and mind the "UI simplicity idea".
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 17 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,740
- Last modified: 27 November 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.