Posted by bojanz on
The Profile module provides configurable user profiles.
- Drupal 8.1.x
- Entity API
Why use profiles instead of user account fields?
- With profile, user account settings and user profiles are conceptually different things, e.g. with the “Profile” module enabled users get two separate menu links “My account” and “My profile”.
- Profile allows for creating multiple profile types, which may be assigned to roles via permissions (e.g. a general profile + a customer profile)
- Profile supports private profile fields, which are only shown to the user owning the profile and to administrators.
- Multiple profile types may be created via the UI (e.g. a general profile + a customer profile), whereas the module provides separated permissions for those.
- Optionally, profile forms are shown during user account registration.
- Fields may be configured to be private - thus visible only to the profile owner and administrators.
- Profile types are displayed on the user view page, and can be configured through “Manage Display” on account settings.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, User Management
- Reported installs: 1,499 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 21,234
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 30, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.