This module implements various utilities for sites that can have an interface language different than that of the content language.
In particular :
- Alter all links to translations such that they do not change the interface language when changing the content language
- Provides an interface language switcher block. This only switches the language of the interface (when i18n is installed, the local language switcher block changes both interface and content language).
This module also backports the following fix http://drupal.org/node/258785 from Drupal 7 to Drupal 6 : it ensures that content types without a language are set to 'Language Neutral' rather than the default language.
For the language switcher block to work, please make sure :
- You have enabled it in admin/settings/preserve_language ;
- You have at least two languages enabled ;
- You have set URL-based language negotiation. On this page /admin/settings/language/configure , you need to select one of the language negotiations (prefix / prefix + fallback / domain). The reason is that without this it's not possible to create links that change the language ;
- You have displayed the block on your page (at /admin/build/block )
Contributors : thePanz
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Multilingual
- Downloads: 2,478
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.