Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Ping is designed to respond to up checks or "pings". The module ensures that Drupal is basically functioning, as it retreieves data from the database. The response message is configurable via an admin form. The appropriate headers are set to ensure the response isn't cached.
Ping will not be backported to Drupal 6 as the namespace is taken by a core module with very different functionality.
This module is not the Drupal 7 successor or a port of the ping module from Drupal 6 core.
Ping takes a conservative approach to permissions, you need to explictly grant access to the response page (
You may also need to change the response message. The default message is "OK", but you can change this on the admin settings page (
The response page should be available at
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 281 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,984
- Last modified: June 23, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.