Personas is a simple module which promotes best practices when creating roles and permissions. With personas installed, configurable roles per user are replaced by a selection of personas. Personas describe a group of your users and personas can have many roles.
By breaking the direct tie of users to roles, developers and site builders are guided into following best practices when creating user roles. That is, roles should be capabilities, not job titles. This allows you to compose personas out of many roles.
Simply, roles should describe something a user can do. Personas should describe who a user is.
If you'd like to learn more about this philosophy, you are are encouraged to read this blog post, Drupal Permissions Done Right.
Warning: Personas should never be installed directly on existing production sites. Once personas is installed, saving any user will reset the user's roles to those defined by the user's personas. Therefore, if you have not already configured your personas and given your existing users the correct personas, they will have all of their roles revoked.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: User Management
- Reported installs: 39 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,024
- Last modified: 16 March 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
There are currently no supported stable releases.