rel="noreferrer" attribute indicates that the browser should not send a
Referer header when following the link. It enhances privacy by allowing users to avoid leaking referrer information when they click on (or prefetch) links to external sites. It also enhances security by preventing the linked page from gaining access to the linking page via the
This module adds a
rel="noreferrer" attribute to all external links generated by the theme layer.
It also provides a filter which, if enabled for a text format, adds a
rel="noreferrer" attribute to all external links in user-generated content.
The settings page allows site administrators to define a whitelist of domains for which the
rel="noreferrer" attribute will not be added.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Filters/Editors, Security, Utility
- Reported installs: 347 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,253
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 9 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.