Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
With this module comments can be full nodes. For every content type you can choose to use different content type as comment, or to continue using Drupal core comments.
Thanks to this module, comments can have fields, revisions, taxonomy, uploaded files, access control and anything else that comes from the goodness of nodeapi.
Current state of the module
2.x is not supported any more. Please don't submit new issues related to it.
3.x branch continues to get new features and fixes. I am using it on a production site. Generally it's quite stable, when using basic features. New advanced features may have bugs, so make sure you have backups and test your configuration carefully.
New features, only in 3.x
- Comments can have own comments, in a separate thread.
- Better admin UI.
- Cleaned up, polished code:
- Increased DB consistency
- Less hacks.
- More efficient queries, where possible
- API for developers
So a site can have product nodes, commented with reviews, which themselves are commented with comments.
I always thought the module deserves own settings page where you can get overview of content types. Now it's reality.
2.x branch had many problems with consistency: broken referential integrity, orphan entries, poor architecture. I hope to solve these problems in 3.x
Seriously, we now have exactly one hack around comment module. 2.x branch had more, and suffered greatly because of it.
The module is now officially MySQL only, which allows us to use upsert queries, for example.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display
- Reported installs: 301 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 22,124
- Last modified: February 11, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.