Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This module allows users to assign values to node fields through url parameters and saves the node automatically without going through the node editing form
It works in the following manner:
- The user creates a url and sets the parameters
- When the url is clicked the user is redirected to a confirmation page like the one in the screenshots
- When the user clicks "Update" the values are assigned to the node fields and the node is saved automatically
Note that the node must exist, if you are seeking a module to auto fill node fields on the content creation screen check out the Prepopulate module
All standard node fields can be set through url parameters as well as most cck fields, here are some examples:
To change the node title of a node whose nid is 21 to "Sample title" use the following code:
<a href="<?php print base_path()."node_update_from_url/21/title=Sample title"; ?>">Set Title</a>
To change the value of an integer cck field whose name is field_budget and the node nid is 21 use the following code:
<a href="<?php print base_path()."node_update_from_url/21/field_budget=1000"; ?>">Allocate Budget to Project</a>
To change the value of a node reference cck field whose name is field_project and the node nid is 50 for the same node 21 use the following code:
<a href="<?php print base_path()."node_update_from_url/21/field_project=50"; ?>">Assign Project to User</a>
To change the value of multiple fields at the same time, separate the parameters by "|", see the following code as an example:
<a href="<?php print base_path()."node_update_from_url/21/field_project=50|field_budget=1000|title=Sample title"; ?>">Assign Data to User</a>
To update nodes without leaving the current page do the following:
- Install the Popups module
- Add content selector to your theme correctly as explained in the Popups module readme file
- Add the "popups-form" class to your url as follows:
<a href="<?php print base_path().'node_update_from_url/21/field_project=50';?>" class="popups-form">Assign Project to User</a>
Your nodes will be updated and the page automatically updated using ajax without refreshing the page
This module was developed and sponsored by JesoX
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 68 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,418
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.