This module allows node editors to assign blocks to regions on a node base. In the node edit form a fieldset will be added in which the blocks can be dragged into a desired region. The blocks will be added to the blocks already present in the region.
After enabling the module (admin/build/modules), the Node-level Blocks functionality can be enabled for each content type separately. Navigate to admin/content/node-type/[TYPE_NAME] to configure this functionality.
While editing a node (node/[nid]/edit), a fieldset will be available in which each enabled region and available blocks are ready to be dragged.
Very often you have a view and on this view you want to allow users to change the blocks as well. But the view is not a node... In the dev version there is now integration between this module and Nodeblock. A nodeblock can now set node level blocks as well.
Thanks to a sponsorship of MrHaroldA there now is a Path-level blocks functionality that allows you to set blocks on a path basis.
If you update from 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x and you have Node level blocks on your frontpage then you might run into update problems. You can solve this by putting
$conf['site_frontpage'] = 'admin'; temporarily in your settings.php.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 1,080 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 7,723
- Last modified: June 3, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.