Add-on for the Node Gallery module that creates and maintains default gallery for every user.
The main goal of the module is to make image sorting easy, optional task, and to streamline the uploading process.
User can upload multiple images without thinking hard about galleries. He can create galleries and sort the images anytime, or not create at all.
This results in UX improvements:
- User focuses on one task at a time (uploading first, sorting second)
- User may not care about galleries at all, and we don't bother him with gallery creation needlessly.
Note that generally you don't want user being able to delete his default gallery, because it would mean shooting himself in the foot. The module can take care of it.
- For every user, separate default gallery is created for every Node Gallery relationship. For simplicity, this is done at user login.
- Default Node Gallery can work as a simple node access module, restricting author access to default galleries. Note, that we only carefully work with gallery content type access, so the module can coexist with any other well-behaving node access module.
- Views integration is provided, so you can e.g. filter default galleries, or sort them using approach similar to sticky node sorting
- New since beta4: option to reorder galleries in gallery selectors on image forms. When enabled, default galleries are placed in the end of the list, and default galleries are really default for new images
- New since beta4: option to disable "create new gallery" item in gallery selectors on image forms. You can enable this to fully take advantage of default galleries, so users don't waste time on gallery creation accidentally when uploading images
Before installation, review your permissions & node access setup.
Some action points:
- If you don't have any other node access module granting global "view" access (allowing any user to view any gallery) you need to enable "view" grant on the module settings page
- If you want to restrict deleting of default galleries by their owners, you need to disable delete own [gallery type] content permission
- If you want to restrict editing of default galleries by their owners, you need to disable edit own [gallery type] content permission first. Then you need to enable "edit" grant on the module settings page.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content, Content Access Control, Media
- Reported installs: 6 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,803
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.